Tel: 978-521-5272 (Bradford, MA)
Douglas received an Associate’s Degree in Business Management, with high honors from Northern Essex Community College. He graduated from Merrimack College with a Bachelor of Science in Business Administration, and obtained his Juris Doctor, cum laude, from Suffolk University Law School and was admitted to the practice of law in 1991.
Douglas has represented condominium associations and homeowner associations in the Merrimack Valley area for more than twenty-three years, and has experience in all facets of condominium operations and governance, including condominium lien collection and enforcement actions, civil litigation matters, injunctive relief and the defense of claims brought against the Association in both the District and Superior Courts. Additional services include drafting and amending condominium documents, working with lenders to obtain financing for Associations, and negotiating contracts with vendors.
Douglas has been providing bankruptcy services to clients in Massachusetts and New Hampshire for over twenty years. Both Chapter 7 and Chapter 13 services are offered. In addition to basic bankruptcy proceedings, representation is available for adversary hearings, motions to lift automatic stay, motions to dismiss the case, complaints to value liens or assets, hearings to discharge or avoid liens, complaints to determine dischargeability of debts, collateral valuation proceedings, motions to convert the Bankruptcy from one chapter to another.
In addition to condominium work and bankruptcy, Douglas also provides representation to clients in probate matters, district and superior court civil litigation, personal injury claims and estate planning.
- Northern Essex Community College
- Merrimack College, N. Andover, MA
- Suffolk University Law School, Boston, MA
- Massachusetts Bar Association
- Haverhill Bar Association (treasurer)
- New Hampshire Bar Association
- Rockingham County Bar Association
- Essex County Bar Association (past executive board member)
- Massachusetts State Courts
- Federal District Court, Massachusetts
- New Hampshire State Courts
- Federal District Court, New Hampshire
- United States Supreme Court